Saturday, June 18, 2011

#13 Too cute not to share...

Found this poem, called "My Ashley" while I was perusing the net for wedding goodies. Enjoy!

My darling daughter, Ashley,
I just want you to know
wherever your life takes you,
my heart shall also go.

When I learned that you were coming,
it was a wonderful night!
But little did I know, my child,
you'd become my guiding light.

I held you and I raised you,
kissing life's pains away;
but now there'll be another
starting with your wedding day.

So go into the world, my love,
and chase all the joy you can.
Just remember you're still mine, dear Ash.
I'm just sharing you with that man.

I wish you all life's happiness, love,
though now it's with another.
But always remember--never forget,
no one will ever love you...like your mother.

Best wishes with all my heart, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment